Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Austrian


Well, I finally found out that I am a quarter Austrian. That's better than saying my family is from the "Old World." I am not too sure if I would rather not know I was Austrian. Once I do more research on the country maybe I will love it better. All I can think of, when I think of Austria, is that man who locked his daughter in the basement and forced himself on her. He ended up having a second family with her. Hearing that story does not make me proud to be Austrian, I hope that there are more positive things that come from there.

2 comments:

  1. Of course there are nice things to say about Austria! Think of the brave Von Trapp family from "The Sound of Music." Think of Mozart and Straus! Ferninand Porsche and his gorgeous cars! and Wolfgang Puck, the famous chef....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand corrected. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete