Saturday, March 13, 2010

Who Knew?



The house I live in, I have lived in for about 8 years now, it belonged to my great-grandmother Agnes. All this time I did not know that I had a picture of her hanging on my wall. This is her, the picture was taken Sept 12, 1937. I am guessing she is about 50 in this picture if not older. I am still trying to find out where she came from, it is believed that she was from Poland, and I do not know how long she lived or how many kids she had. Wish me luck in my search.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jack,

    You have a good blog! You will not believe how you feel about who you are once you've connected to all of your ancestors! ;o)

    Good luck in your search.

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would have been 52 years after she came to this country, if she did arrive in 1885. Do you have any way of knowing how old she was when she got here?
    I think one of the other posters mentioned ships' logs, and that's a great suggestion - I think they would include her age and country of origin?
    Anyway, you blog is like following a mystery story - you've got me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying meeting your family! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete